Monday 10 December 2007

Hello, and welcome

The notion that I might start a blog has been idly swimming around in my head for as long as I can remember, and now that I find myself doing just that, it's surprisingly difficult knowing what to write. So, since this is the first post, let me start by giving you a little bit of information about myself, why I've started this page and what I hope to achieve with it.

I'm in my mid-twenties, living in north London and working in the arts. I spend far too much time on the Internet even though I have far too little time for everything else, and figure that if all I end up doing is redistributing some of the time I waste reading news stories I've already seen and looking people up on Facebook, writing the occasional blog post can't do too much harm. Famous last words. I'm straight, possessed of a fairly standard set of limbs and faculties, very turned on by spanking, and as far as my kinky interests go, firmly in the closet (hence the absence of much identifying personal information, or any photos - sorry to disappoint). More detail on my kinky interests will no doubt emerge in the fullness of time, but to summarise briefly: I am a top, much more interested in spanking than bondage, alternative forms of sadism or other BDSM-related pursuits, and with fantasies leaning towards school scenarios but also including workplace, domestic/erotic and various others.

Why start this page? I think the answer to that will become clearer to me as time goes on; at the moment, my motivation is somewhat vague. Essentially I guess I wanted some way to communicate with sympathetic souls, and perhaps an outlet for observations and gripes on the internet spanking world. For instance: why do so few of the stories I read really hit the spot? What is it about the ones that do? The same questions apply to the videos. Why do I feel so disinclined to turn up to the munches, fetish club events and other real-life meet-ups I see advertised on places like Informed Consent, even though I'd like to meet people who share my interest? What actually are my interests, exactly? How best does one approach the subject with new partners, and can devanillification really work? Do I like the idea of domestic discipline as a reality or only as a fantasy? And so on.

I'm aware that many of these questions - the more generic ones at least - have been addressed at length by other writers, but I guess we all have our own take on most of them. I find that I have the outlines of an idea what I feel about all of them as I write them down, but often it's hazy and contradictory, and I think a bit of diarising might shed some light. There is then of course the question of why do it in such a public way - if the point is self-analysis, wouldn't a good old-fashioned diary make more sense? - and perhaps that's true, but then again, maybe the comments of readers (if I have any) will offer insights I miss myself.

I've no idea how often I'll post, or how long the blog will last. I might delete it tomorrow, or I might post three times a week for years. For as long as it does stay open, I'm sure I'll very much enjoy reading any comments you care to leave, and if you want to communicate more privately, my email address is displayed above.

Thanks for dropping by -

Jon

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Hi Jon!

I'm glad you joined in the fun. There always room for another spanking blog. I wish you well and I look forward to watching your blog expand and blossom.

With warm regards,
Bonnie

Jon said...

Thanks Bonnie! Wow - my first comment - and from such a luminary of the cyberspanking world. I'm very honoured.

Jon