Tuesday 25 March 2008

Back in town... but still quiet

It's nearly the end of March, and as promised I'm back in town and able to post again. The curious thing is that I don't really feel that much of a burning desire to post about anything. It's funny how these things can fluctuate - throughout January and February I was on the internet looking at my favourite sites, reading stories and checking out blogs every evening, and even if I was only posting here once or twice a week I was constantly having ideas about things I wanted to write about. After six weeks cold turkey when I've had no access to any of this (and would have had no time for it even if I had), I'm surprised to find that I've kind of got used to it and my blogging enthusiasm has slightly dried up.

I'm not declaring this blog closed, but I think it's only fair to let you know that I don't expect to post regularly for the time being. It may well be that now that I have a bit more time I'll soon get sucked into it all again and I will resume a more regular posting schedule but I'm not going to rush into it - I'd rather wait until I feel the need to write about something than try to rack my brains for something to write about. My interest in all the things you know I'm interested in is as lively as ever - the only difference is that I don't currently have all that much appetite for writing about it. Drop back in a while and see if I've changed my mind again!

No comments: