Friday 25 January 2008

A new hairbrush

I went into Boots today to buy a new hairbrush. Sadly the motivation was entirely vanilla; after years of cultivating the wild unkempt look (cultivating may be the wrong word), I've decided there's no shame in a little bit of hair care. It's the kind of hair that still looks fairly wild and unkempt whatever you do to it so I'm not sure how worthwhile an investment it will be.

Anyway, there I was in a fairly large branch of Boots, thinking I would just grab the first and cheapest brush that came to hand and be out again, and I found myself racked with indecision. Of course, my eyes went to the wooden ones first - though idiotically, in the end, I bought a plastic one because it was cheaper and I didn't think I was likely to be using it for anything other than brushing my hair any time soon. How short-sighted can you get? I'll kick myself one day when I do have an opportunity.

Still, I couldn't believe the choices - fat ones, skinny ones, tall ones, short ones... and I couldn't resist trying a few out on my hand to see what the impact was like. I wonder how many shoppers saw me and knew what I was thinking...

No comments: